Friday, July 30, 2010

stone setting success!

Success! The stone is set. I used a grey wheel in the flexshaft to smooth out the marks left by the hammer and steel pusher. All that is left to do is the bright cut. I will use a graver to clean up the metal where it meets the stone, essentially cutting away any jagged bits that the hammering caused. Then it's on to the finishing touches. I am 100% sold on using some small diamonds to pave set on the sides of the ring, but I am about 50/50 on the hand engraving element that I was thinking of. I am not sure if it needs it. I think I will set the stones first and see how it looks.  Next week I will do the big reveal of the finished ring and also post a sketch of the next project. Very exciting!

1 comment:

Adriana said...

You're Cool Leif!
:) Looking forward to seeing the big reveal.