Friday, July 2, 2010

Aquamarine design #2

This is going to be a hard choice! I really like the look of the hand engraved, Art Deco style leaves. I added a millgrain edge around the bezel to give it a tactile quality and a bit of old school charm. The other factor that always plays in is cost. The goal is to have someone buy and love the ring. Is the design with the diamonds worth an extra $600 in material cost? It's always hard for me to make the final choice... so many options and factors to think about. I think I'll take the weekend and let it percolate. Next week we will be prototyping the ring in wax. I will post some "in progress" shots of the ring being carved and then the finished wax.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow great ideas - I personally like the ring design #1. I am looking forward to see how this looks when you are done - it will be an amazing ring! In a previous post you had mentioned designing a matching pendant as well. What are your design ideas for that?

Keep up the great work!

Anonymous said...

I agree, I prefer the first design which to me allows the beauty of the stone to shine all on its own.