Friday, July 23, 2010

Back from casting

I have been working on the ring a bit here and there this week. This time of year my weeks are filled with client meetings and working on wedding bands. The pace has actually been great as it has allowed me time to change my mind about the design 4-5 times! I know that sounds crazy, but making design decisions for me is a process of making a decision, seeing how it feels for a day or two and then re-addressing it with fresh perspective. My latest decision is the final one... I think. In the end I have decided to do a bit of hand engraving and to use some diamonds. One of my favorite things about rings is that there is a lot of room to add details in interesting places that requires the removal and closer inspection of the ring to get the full effect. I think we will achieve that here. I have been taking pictures of the grinding and polishing process and I will post those in a bit. 

No comments: