Thursday, October 20, 2011

Fruit salad anyone

One of the things that I love is to research an era or specific style and to do a modern interpretation. I have made pieces with inspiration from the Victorian, Edwardian, Art Deco, and the Art nouveau styles.
For this necklace and earring set I was inspired by Cartier's Tutti Frutti collection from the early 1900's. They made necklaces for royalty and used platinum, sapphires, emeralds and rubies. The results were spectacular!
For my necklace I am starting with a suite of 5 matching pear shape Spessartite garnets from madagascar. Then pairing them with Ruby cabochons and Peridot accents. I think I will do pave set diamonds and hand engraving on the discs that complete the necklace at the back. The spacing needs work but I like it so far.

No comments: