Thursday, August 26, 2010

Wedding bands and a new project

This week has been full of client meetings, new business and wedding band orders so I haven't had as much time for our pendant project as I would have liked. So I thought I would post a couple of really cool marriage of metal wedding bands that I have made in the last little bit. One of my specialities is making rings out of different colours of gold, particularly white and red gold. The colour contrast between the two metals, and the warm earthy tone that the copper lends to the red gold make the combination really special. This one is prototyped in four pieces, cast separately, ground and pre-polished for a perfect solder seam and then fused together under high heat.

This custom ring came out of taking elements from two different rings the client was considering and combining his favorite parts of them to make a new design. I think it turned out amazing. Great texture, and colour combination make this a very unique mens wedding band.

Lastly, I wanted to give you a sneak peek to my next project, I knew exactly what I wanted to make for this stone the moment I saw it. It's a beautiful 2.35ct  Spessertite Garnet from Madagascar. No wavering this time. Clean and modern with baguette diamonds, with maybe a small hint of Art Deco flare. I'll keep working on the pendant next week and start the Garnet prototype as well!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, gorgeous rings. I really like the red and white gold mix designs.